Travellers to Medellin give high marks for the lively bar scene, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes, entertainment and local tours. Top sights in the city include Atanasio Giradot Stadium, Park of Lights and Botero Plaza.
- There are 827 hotels and other accommodation options in Medellin
- The closest major airport is in Medellin (MDE-Jose Maria Cordova Intl.), 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Medellin
Cultural venues in the city include Jose Gutierrez Gomez Medellin Metropolitan Theatre, Medellin's Museum of Modern Art and Antioquia Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Botero Plaza, Palacio de la Cultura and Pueblito Paisa. The city's natural beauty is on display at Park of Lights, Lleras Park and Arvi Park.
In Guarne, you can choose from 827 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Patio del Mundo - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in El Poblado features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
- Foresta Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in El Poblado features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Hotel Parque Del Rio - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Laureles - Estadio can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and quiet location.
Other favourite sights in Medellin include Atanasio Giradot Stadium, Santa Fe Mall and Rock of Guatape.
Getting around Medellin
You can take advantage of metro transport at Industriales Station, Estadio Station and Exposiciones Station. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Medellin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 30°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 15°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 15°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 16°C as the night-time average
- About 115 millimetres of rain falls on Medellin each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while June and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C