Travellers to Marlborough give high marks for the array of wineries and bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. A top sight in the city is Picton Ferry Terminal.
- There are 178 hotels and other accommodation options in Marlborough
- The closest major airport is in Blenheim (BHE-Woodbourne), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Picton (PCN), 15.9 mi (25.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Marlborough
Cultural venues in the city include Renwick Museum, Picton Museum and Edwin Fox Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Edwin Fox, Seymour Square and Nelson Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Pollard Park, Mount Richmond and Momorangi Bay.
In St. Arnaud, you'll find 178 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Marlborough Bed and Breakfast - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and location.
- Bay of Many Coves Resort - This 5-star lodge features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Ellena Court Motel - This 4.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Other top sights in Marlborough include Picton Ferry Terminal.
Dressing for Marlborough
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the night-time average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 15°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 1244 millimetres of rain falls on Marlborough each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 6°C