Visiting Magnetic Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Magnetic Island has to offer including the coral reefs and local tours. A top sight in the area is Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal.
- You'll find 478 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Townsville
- The closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV), 9.9 mi (15.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Palm Island, QLD (PMK), 30.5 mi (49 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Magnetic Island
The city's natural beauty is on display at Magnetic Island National Park, Horseshoe Bay Beach and Radical Bay. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Magnetic Island Golf Course is one place to visit. Additionally, you'll find Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal in the area.
Dressing for Magnetic Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the night-time average
- Magnetic Island gets about 1025 millimetres of rain per year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C