History buffs will enjoy exploring Lunenburg, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Walkable and cultural, this city will delight tourists with its local tours, museums and port. A top sight in the city is Bay of Fundy.
- There are 78 hotels and other accommodation options in Lunenburg
- The closest major airport is in Halifax, NS (YHZ-Stanfield Intl.), 52.8 mi (84.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lunenburg
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic, Chester Playhouse and Lordly House Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Swiss Air Flight 111 Memorial Bayswater, St John's Anglican Church, and Lunenburg Opera House. The city's natural beauty is on display at Bay of Fundy, Graves Island Provincial Park and Bayswater Beach Provincial Park.
In Mahone Bay, you can choose from 78 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bayview Pines Country Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- Atlantic Sojourn Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Fisherman's Daughter Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Lunenburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 5°C during the day and -9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is -2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of -8°C
- Average annual rainfall for Lunenburg is 28 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -8°C