Search Hotels in Ljubljana
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Ljubljana, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and shopping. Tourists who journey to this cultural city can discover its museums, cafes and entertainment. Top sights in the city include Triple Bridge, St. Nicholas Cathedral and Ljubljana Castle.
- There are 206 hotels and other accommodation options in Ljubljana
- The closest major airport is in Ljubljana (LJU-Joze Pucnik), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Klagenfurt (KLU-Woerthersee), 42.3 mi (68 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ljubljana
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of Slovenia, National Gallery of Slovenia and Ljubljana Opera House. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Triple Bridge, St. Nicholas Cathedral, and Ljubljana Castle. Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Ljubljana Central Market and New Market.
In Cerklje na Gorenjskem, you can choose from 206 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Barbo Palace - Located in Ljubljana City Centre, this 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and helpful staff.
- Hotel Cubo - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Ljubljana City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- G Design Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its breakfast and location.
Other top sights in Ljubljana include Dragon Bridge.
Getting around Ljubljana
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Ljubljana Station or Ljubljana (LJR-Ljubljana Rail Station). Ljubljana may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Ljubljana
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Ljubljana gets about 55 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Ljubljana?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Ljubljana, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Ljubljana?
What's the best hotel for families in Ljubljana?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Ljubljana?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Ljubljana?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Ljubljana?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Ljubljana?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Ljubljana?
Where's the best place to stay in Ljubljana that's close to historical sites?
Ljubljana Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Ljubljana by Star Rating
- Hotels near Ljubljana Airports
- Areas of Ljubljana
- Accommodation near Ljubljana Attractions
- More accommodation types in Ljubljana
- Choose Your Ljubljana Hotel Style
- Search Ljubljana Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Ljubljana
- Hotels Near Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends