Visitors will want to experience the skiing, restaurants, and bars in Leysin. This welcoming, lakefront city also attracts visitors with its hiking, coffeehouses, and mountains.
- There are 7 Leysin hotels
- February is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
Sightseeing around Leysin
- Top activities include skiing and taking an adventure tour, while Leysin-Berneuse Gondola, Leysin Ski Resort, and Parc Aventure Aigle are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its jazz scene, while Aigle Castle is a popular attraction
- Notable for its castle and landmarks to visit like Freddie Mercury Statue
- The lakeside, hiking trails, and mountains provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Zen Garden, Tanay Lake, and Glacier 3000
Leysin is 21.7 mi (34.8 km) from Les Gets. Top sights in the area include Golf Club Montreux and Roc d'Orsay Gondola.
Getting around Leysin
Leysin has many options for getting around. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Leysin Feydey Station.
Staying in Leysin
With 7 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Leysin offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 5 hotels ranging from GBP 74 to GBP 143 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Hôtel Central-Résidence, averaging GBP 92.83/night
- Alpine Classic Hotel, averaging GBP 96.98/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Hotel le Grand Chalet, averaging GBP 179.33/night
- Résidence Chamossaire, averaging GBP 112.72/night
Hotel le Grand Chalet, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.7 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Résidence Chamossaire and Hôtel Central-Résidence.
Dressing for Leysin
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 7°C and the nighttime average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July through September averages 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Leysin gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year