Visitors to Leysin are sure to enjoy the skiing and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and coffee shops. Around the area, top sights include Aigle Castle, Freddie Mercury Statue and Avoriaz Ski Resort.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Leysin
- The closest major airport is in Sion (SIR), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Geneva (GVA-Cointrin Intl.), 43.9 mi (70.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Leysin
Skiing is just one of the top activities, while Leysin-Berneuse Gondola and Leysin Ski Resort are sights to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Aigle Castle and Freddie Mercury Statue.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Leysin. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel le Grand Chalet - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Hotel La Tour D'Ai - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hôtel Central-Résidence - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Avoriaz Ski Resort, 17.5 mi/28.1 km from the city centre, and Chateau de Chillon, which is 6.3 mi/10.2 km away.
Getting around Leysin
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Leysin-Feydey Station. Leysin may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Leysin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- Leysin gets about 848.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -4°C