Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kemah, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its live music, entertainment and theme park. Top sights in the city include Kemah Boardwalk and Clear Lake.
- You'll find 1561 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Houston
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (EFD-Ellington Field), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 17 mi (27.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kemah
Notable city landmarks like Kemah School House and Kemah Lighthouse might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and such places to visit as Clear Lake and Deep Hole Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kemah Boardwalk and Kemah Lighthouse District.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Kemah. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Kemah (Near Boardwalk) - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Clear Lake Shores can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Kemah Boardwalk Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Clear Lake Shores can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Kemah - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Clear Lake Shores can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Johnson Space Center - NASA, 4.1 mi/6.5 km from the city centre, and Space Center Houston, which is 4.2 mi/6.8 km away.
Dressing for Kemah
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 24°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September averages 34°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kemah is 1388 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°C