Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Itoshima, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the museums and mountains.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Fukuoka (FUK), 17.4 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Itoshima
- Known for its museums, whereas Ito History Museum, Fukuoka City Museum, and Fukuoka Art Museum are some local cultural sights
- Notable landmarks include Sennyo-ji Temple, Sakurai Shrine, and Fukuoka Tower
- The natural setting of the mountains is picturesque, and places to visit include Keya no Oto, Shiraito no Taki Falls, and Mount Raizan
Getting around Itoshima
There are plenty of options for getting around Itoshima. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Itoshima Ikisan Station, Itoshima Kafuri Station or Itoshima Chikuzenfukae Station.
Dressing for Itoshima
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 19°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Itoshima is 34 millimetres