Travellers to Istres will find plenty to explore and enjoy. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Chateau des Baux, Camargue Regional Nature Park and Abbey de Montmajour are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1077 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of St.-Remy-de-Provence
- The closest major airport is in Marseille (MRS-Marseille - Provence), 15.3 mi (24.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Avignon (AVN-Caumont), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Istres
A favourite place to visit in the city is Plage de la Romaniquette. Additionally, in the area you'll find Chateau des Baux and Camargue Regional Nature Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Istres. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Top Motel - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with a private pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value.
- Ibis Istres Trigance - Our customers like the pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Citotel Le Mirage - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a poolside bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Abbey de Montmajour, located 18.2 mi (29.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Alpilles, which is 14.4 mi (23.2 km) away.
Getting around Istres
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Istres Station or Istres Rassuen Station. Istres might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Istres
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Istres gets about 580.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C