Search Hotels in Ise
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Pocket Guide: Ise
History buffs will enjoy a visit to Ise, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the museums and monuments. Welcoming and cultural, this riverfront city will also delight visitors with its forests, aquarium and festivals.
- There are 11 Ise hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Nagoya (NGO-Chubu Centrair Intl.), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ise
- Adventures is one of the top activities, whereas Okage Row, Ikenoura Beach, and Watakano Pearl Beach are favourite sights to visit
- Festivals and museums are well-known in the area, and attractions include Jingu Chokokan Museum, Ozaki Gakudo Memorial House, and Ito Shoha Museum
- Families come for the aquarium and theme park, specifically attractions such as Ise Azuchi Momoyama Culture Village, Futami Sea Paradise, and Dolphin Island
- Its historic sites and monuments are notable, and landmarks include Yamada Bugyosho Memorial Hall, Hinjitsukan, and Castle Guards' Houses
- Miyagawa Tsutsumi Park, Ise-Shima Nat'l Park, and Daibutsuyama Park Sports Center are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
Getting around Ise
There are many transport options in Ise. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Ise station or Futaminoura station.
Staying in Ise
With 21 hotels and other accommodations in Ise, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 7 ryokans ranging from GBP 269 to GBP 269 per night.Seeking a charming locale or stylish getaway? You may appreciate these traveler-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Isegekusando Iseshinsen
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Isegekusando Iseshinsen with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Oishiya has a 4.2 rating by guests.
Dressing for Ise
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, while the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Ise is 39 millimetres