Guests are sure to enjoy the parks and monuments in Higashiizu. A top attraction is Atagawa Tropical and Alligator Garden.
- There are 10 Higashiizu hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas May is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Oshima (OIM), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Higashiizu
- Popular attractions include Atagawa Tropical and Alligator Garden and Izu Bio Park
- Notable for its monuments and landmarks to visit, including Donkutsu Shrine, Jogasaki Suspension Bridge, and Kinomiya Shrine
- The natural setting of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Izu Mountain Dogrun, Takegasawa PArk, and Inatori Bunka Park
Getting around Higashiizu
There are plenty of options for getting around Higashiizu. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Imaihamakaigan station, Izu atagawa station or Izuinatori station.
Staying in Higashiizu
With 27 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Higashiizu, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 6 ryokans ranging from GBP 185 to GBP 302 per night.
Seeking a charming or small, stylish hotel? You may appreciate ATAGAWAKAN.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is ATAGAWAKAN with a 5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Higashiizu
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Higashiizu is 1159 millimetres