Visiting Hermosa Beach
Travellers to Hermosa Beach give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its bars and sporting events. Los Angeles Forum, Venice Beach Boardwalk and Venice Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 4372 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Hawthorne, CA (HHR-Hawthorne Municipal), 5.4 mi (8.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Los Angeles, CA (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.), 5.5 mi (8.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hermosa Beach
Top activities include cycling and surfing, while Hermosa Beach Pier is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Comedy and Magic Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Hermosa Beach. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Grandview Inn - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Beach House Hotel at Hermosa Beach - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a fitness centre.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hermosa Beach - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Los Angeles Forum, located 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the city centre, and Venice Beach Boardwalk, which is 9 mi/14.4 km away.
Dressing for Hermosa Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 17°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 9°C
- Hermosa Beach gets about 307 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 9°C