Search Glendalough Hotels, Wicklow
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 11 Aug 2020
Visitors to Glendalough are sure to enjoy the mountain views and bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its lakeside setting. Around the area, top sights include Tallaght Stadium, James Joyce Tower and Wicklow Mountains National Park.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Glendalough
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 27.1 mi (43.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Glendalough
The city is notable for landmarks like Glendalough Tower, Glendalough Cathedral and St. Kevin's Church. The mountains and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Wicklow Mountains National Park, Upper Lake and Sally Gap. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lough Tay and Glenmacnass Waterfall.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Glendalough. Here's a top-rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Tudor Lodge - Amenities at this 3-star guesthouse include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Tallaght Stadium, located 16.8 mi (27.1 km) from the heart of the city, and James Joyce Tower, which is 19.8 mi (31.9 km) away.
Dressing for Glendalough
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Glendalough is 27 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Glendalough?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Glendalough, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Glendalough?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Glendalough?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Glendalough?
Glendalough Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Glendalough by Star Rating
- Hotels near Glendalough Airports
- Accommodation near Glendalough Attractions
- More accommodation types in Glendalough
- Choose Your Glendalough Hotel Style
- Search Glendalough Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Glendalough
- Hotels Near Glendalough, Wicklow
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends