Visitors to Georgetown are sure to enjoy the sporting events and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, spas and architecture. The Domain, Round Rock Premium Outlets and Round Rock Sports Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2402 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Austin
- The closest major airport is in Austin, TX (AUS-Austin-Bergstrom Intl.), 30 mi (48.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Killeen, TX (GRK-Killeen-Fort Hood Regional), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Georgetown
The city's cultural venues include Georgetown Palace Theatre and The Williamson Museum. The picturesque setting of Inner Space Cavern and Jim Hogg Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Statue of Three-Legged Willie to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Georgetown. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Olive Tree Court - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Georgetown/Austin North - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Comfort Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include The Domain, located 16.5 mi (26.5 km) from the city centre, and Lake Travis, which is 22.5 mi/36.3 km away.
Dressing for Georgetown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 24°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 34°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 36°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Georgetown gets about 947.90 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 35°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C