Search Hotels in Gengenbach
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 14 Jul 2019
Reviewed on 2 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 6 Oct 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Gengenbach has to offer including the forests, shopping and restaurants. The relaxing and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Europa-Park, Alsatian Museum and Rohan Palace are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Gengenbach
- The closest major airport is in Strasbourg (XER-Boulevard de Metz Bus Stop), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Strasbourg (SXB-Strasbourg Intl.), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gengenbach
A couple of favourite places to visit are Ortenau and Gengenbach Town Hall. Additionally, in the area you'll find Europa-Park and Alsatian Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Gengenbach. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- HOTEL RESTAURANT SONNE is located in central Gengenbach. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Gengenbach can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Stadthotel Pfeffermuhle is located in the heart of Gengenbach. This 3-star hotel in Gengenbach features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and free parking.
- Schwarzwaldhotel Gengenbach is located within 0.8 mi (1.4 km) of the city centre. This 4-star hotel in Gengenbach features a restaurant, a health club and a bar.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Rohan Palace, located 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the heart of the city, and L'Oeuvre Notre Dame Museum, which is 17.7 mi/28.4 km away.
Getting around Gengenbach
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Gengenbach Station. Gengenbach might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Gengenbach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Gengenbach gets about 708.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Gengenbach?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gengenbach, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Gengenbach?
What's the best hotel in Gengenbach to learn about local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Gengenbach?
Gengenbach Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Gengenbach by Star Rating
- Hotels near Gengenbach Airports
- Accommodation near Gengenbach Attractions
- More accommodation types in Gengenbach
- Choose Your Gengenbach Hotel Style
- Search Gengenbach Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Gengenbach
- Hotels Near Gengenbach, Baden-Württemberg
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends