Visitors to Gananoque are sure to enjoy the local tours, riverfront and spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. A top sight in the area is Boldt Castle.
- You'll find 92 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Kingston
- The closest major airport is in Kingston, ON (YGK-Norman Rogers), 22.8 mi (36.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Watertown, NY (ART-Watertown Intl.), 24.1 mi (38.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gananoque
Cultural venues in the city include Arthur Child Heritage Museum, Thousand Islands Playhouse and Springer Theatre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Confederation Park. Top activities include boating and taking a tour, while Gananoque Municipal Marina is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Gananoque. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Seaway Manor - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Woodview Inn - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Trinity House Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Boldt Castle, located 11.9 mi (19.2 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Gananoque
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -13°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -11°C at night
- Gananoque gets about 916.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -12°C