Visiting Forest Hills
Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, skyscrapers, and shopping in Forest Hills. Welcoming and urban, this city will also delight visitors with its bars, museums, and architecture.
- Though not directly in Forest Hills, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in New York, NY (LGA-LaGuardia), 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Forest Hills
- Known for its museums, art, and theatres, including cultural attractions such as Broadway, Ellis Island Immigration Museum, and Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Notable landmarks include Chrysler Building, Grand Central Terminal, and Rockefeller Center
- The natural beauty of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Central Park, Battery Park, and Forest Park
- Shopping is tops in the area, and Macy's is a favourite locale for retail therapy
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Citi Field, Belmont Park, or Madison Square Garden
Forest Hills is adjacent to Flushing. Top sights in the area include Empire State Building and Times Square.
Getting around Forest Hills
There are plenty of options for getting around Forest Hills. Walk to a nearby metro station like Forest Hills 71 Av. Station, 75 Av. Station, or 67 Av. Station.
Dressing for Forest Hills
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the nighttime average
- Forest Hills gets about 1137 millimetres of rain per year