Search Hotels in Esslingen
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2 Mar 2020
History buffs enjoy visiting Esslingen though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, local tours and wineries. Top sights around the area include Mercedes Benz Museum, Mercedes-Benz Arena and Porsche Arena.
- You'll find 390 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Stuttgart
- The closest major airport is in Stuttgart (STR), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Esslingen
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Kessler Sekt and Esslinger Burg. Additionally, in the area you'll find Mercedes Benz Museum and Mercedes-Benz Arena.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 21 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Esslingen. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel am Schillerpark - This 3-star hotel in Innenstadt features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Hotel Park Consul Esslingen - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Innenstadt can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- ECOINN Hotel am Campus - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Innenstadt can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and proximity to public transport.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Porsche Arena, located 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Stuttgart TV Tower, which is 5.5 mi/8.8 km away.
Getting around Esslingen
With so many transport options, exploring Esslingen is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Oberesslingen S-Bahn, Esslingen Mettingen S-Bahn and Esslingen Zell S-Bahn. If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Esslingen (Neckar) Station.
Dressing for Esslingen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Esslingen is 736.60 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Esslingen?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Esslingen, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Esslingen?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Esslingen?
What's the best hotel in Esslingen to absorb the local history?
What are some hotels with pools in Esslingen?
Esslingen Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Esslingen by Star Rating
- Hotels near Esslingen Airports
- Areas of Esslingen
- Accommodation near Esslingen Attractions
- More accommodation types in Esslingen
- Choose Your Esslingen Hotel Style
- Search Esslingen Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Esslingen
- Hotels Near Esslingen, Stuttgart
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends