Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Elmsford, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and cafes. Top sights around the area include Bronx Zoo, Yankee Stadium and Westchester County Center.
- You'll find 74 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of White Plains
- The closest major airport is in White Plains, NY (HPN-Westchester County), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Teterboro, NJ (TEB), 19 mi (30.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Elmsford
Favourite family attractions include Westchester Skating Academy and Sportime USA. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Westchester Broadway Theatre and Captain Lawrence Brewing Company.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Elmsford. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn White Plains - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
- Motel 6 Elmsford, NY - Our customers like the comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham White Plains - Elmsford - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit outside the city include Bronx Zoo, located 14.9 mi (23.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Yankee Stadium, which is 16.6 mi/26.7 km away.
Dressing for Elmsford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -5°C
- Elmsford gets about 1253.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -5°C