Search Hotels in Dun Laoghaire
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Dun Laoghaire
History buffs will enjoy exploring Dun Laoghaire, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, seaside and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. James Joyce Tower, Royal Dublin Society and Dublin Port are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1473 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Dublin
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Dun Laoghaire
The city's cultural venues include National Maritime Museum of Ireland and Dalkey Heritage Centre. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as James Joyce Tower. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Dalkey Island, Dublin Bay and Peoples Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Dun Laoghaire. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Haddington House - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and 2 bars, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- The Royal Marine Hotel - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Royal Dublin Society, located 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Dublin Port, which is 4.5 mi (7.2 km) away.
Getting around Dun Laoghaire
With so many choices for transport, seeing Dun Laoghaire is simple. You can access metro transport at Laughanstown Station, Cherrywood Station and Bride's Glen Station. If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Dublin Dun Laoghaire Station, DUN LAOGHAIRE (Station) or Dublin Sandycove and Glasthule Station.
Dressing for Dun Laoghaire
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Dun Laoghaire gets about 766.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Dun Laoghaire?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Dun Laoghaire, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Dun Laoghaire?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Dun Laoghaire?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Dun Laoghaire?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Dun Laoghaire?
What's the best luxury hotel in Dun Laoghaire?
What's the best hotel in Dun Laoghaire to absorb the local history?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Dun Laoghaire?
Dun Laoghaire Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Dun Laoghaire by Star Rating
- Hotels near Dun Laoghaire Airports
- Accommodation near Dun Laoghaire Attractions
- More accommodation types in Dun Laoghaire
- Choose Your Dun Laoghaire Hotel Style
- Search Dun Laoghaire Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Dun Laoghaire
- Hotels Near Dun Laoghaire, Dublin
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends