History buffs will enjoy exploring Drogheda, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, churches and museums. Around the area, top sights include Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre, Tayto Park and Hill of Tara.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodation options in Drogheda
- The closest major airport is in Dublin (DUB), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Drogheda
Cultural venues in the city include Highlanes Gallery, Millmount Museum and Beaulieu House and Gardens. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Martello Tower, Magdalene Tower, and St. Mary's Bridge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Boyne River Valley and St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Drogheda. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Boyne Valley Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and quiet location.
- The d hotel - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and a bar.
- Westcourt Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Bru na Boinne Visitor Centre, located 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city centre, and Tayto Park, which is 12.7 mi (20.5 km) away.
Getting around Drogheda
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Drogheda Station. Drogheda might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Drogheda
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Drogheda gets about 766.20 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C