History buffs will enjoy a visit to Dazaifu, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the temples, monuments and museums. This cultural, seaside city also attracts visitors with its art, festivals and gardens. A top attraction is Kyushu National Museum.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Fukuoka (FUK), 6.6 mi (10.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Dazaifu
- Known for its museums, art and festivals, including cultural attractions, such as Kyushu National Museum, Daizifu Tenman-gū Treasure House, and Treasure Hall
- Notable for its temples, monuments, historic sites and landmarks such as Dazaifu Tenmangu Shrine, Dazaifu Tenmangu, and Komyozenji Temple
- The gardens and the sea highlight the natural beauty, and Ohori Park, Momochi Beach, and Ipponmatsu Park are several places worth visiting
Getting around Dazaifu
There are many transport options in Dazaifu. If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Dazaifu Station, Dazaifu Nishitetsu Gojo Station or Dazaifu Tofuromae Station.
Staying in Dazaifu
You might like Route-Inn Grantia Dazaifu for a charming or small, stylish hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Route-Inn Grantia Dazaifu with a 3.6 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Dazaifu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, while the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 34°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 5°C
- About 38 millimetres of rain falls on Dazaifu each year