Families will find kid-friendly activities in Danville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its riverfront.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodation options in Danville
- The closest major airport is in Danville, VA (DAN-Danville Regional), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lynchburg, VA (LYH-Lynchburg Regional), 52.5 mi (84.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Danville
Cultural venues in the city include Danville Science Center, AAF Tank Museum and Danville Museum of Fine Arts. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and these places to visit: Staunton River State Park, Ballou Park and Hudson Heritage Farms. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Danville Mall and Virginia International Raceway.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 29 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Danville. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Charles Bass House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- The Berry Hill Resort & Conference Center - Our customers love the clean rooms and first-rate property condition at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast.
- Holiday Inn Express Danville - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Martinsville Speedway, 25.7 mi/41.3 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Danville
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Danville Station. Danville may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Danville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Danville is 1141.60 millimetres
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -2°C