Visiting Ciutadella de Menorca
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Ciutadella de Menorca, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the marina and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and theme park. Top sights in the city include Cala Turqueta, Cala Macarella Beach and Macarelleta Beach.
- There are 514 hotels and other accommodation options in Ciutadella de Menorca
- The closest major airport is in Mahon (MAH-Minorca), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ciutadella de Menorca
The city's cultural venues include Museum Diocesà and Ciutadella Municipal Museum. Attractions like Aquarock Waterpark and Aqua Center are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Cathedral of Menorca, Plaza de Alfonso III and Castello de Sant Nicolau.
In Área metropolitana de Ciutadella, there are 514 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Agroturismo Ses Talaies - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Grupotel Club Turquesa Mar - All Inclusive - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- Valentin Star Hotel Adult Only - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favourite sights in Ciutadella de Menorca include Cala Turqueta, Cala Macarella Beach and Macarelleta Beach. Outside the city, top places to visit include Monte Toro, located 14.6 mi (23.6 km) from the city centre, and Santo Tomas Beach, which is 12.4 mi/19.9 km away.
Dressing for Ciutadella de Menorca
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- About 505.10 millimetres of rain falls on Ciutadella de Menorca each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 8°C