Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 11 Feb 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 22 Sep 2019
Reviewed on 23 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 4 Feb 2020
Where to stay in Chennai
Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Chennai, which is also known for its temples and entertainment. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its live music. Top sights in the city include Consulate General of the United States, Chennai, Marina Beach and Chennai Trade Centre.
- There are 839 hotels and other accommodation options in Chennai
- The closest major airport is in Chennai (MAA-Chennai Intl.), 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chennai
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Raja Muthiah Hall, Government Museum and Theosophical Society Headquarters. Attractions like VGP Universal Kingdom, MGM Dizzee World and VGP Snow Kingdom are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Kapaleeswarar Temple, Fort St. George, and Valluvar Kottam.
In Sriperumbudur, you can choose from 839 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Taj Coromandel - This 5-star hotel in Nungambakkam features 4 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Chennai - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Guindy can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hilton Chennai - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Guindy can enjoy access to 5 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room MP3 dock. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
Other favourite sights in Chennai include Consulate General of the United States, Chennai, Marina Beach and Chennai Trade Centre.
Getting around Chennai
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Chennai is simple. Nearby metro stations include Chennai International Airport Metro Station, LIC Metro Station and Mannadi Metro Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Palavanthangal Station, Chennai St. Thomas Mount Station or Chennai Guindy Station.
Dressing for Chennai
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 39°C during the day and 26°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 37°C during the day and 26°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 34°C as the daytime average and 23°C as the night-time average
- About 1210.90 millimetres of rain falls on Chennai each year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 38°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Chennai?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chennai, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Chennai?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Chennai?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Chennai?
What's the best all-inclusive hotel in Chennai?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Chennai?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Chennai?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Chennai?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Chennai?
Chennai Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Chennai by Star Rating
- Hotels near Chennai Airports
- Areas of Chennai
- Accommodation near Chennai Attractions
- More accommodation types in Chennai
- Choose Your Chennai Hotel Style
- Search Chennai Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Chennai
- Hotels Near Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends