It's been a while since my last stay @Park Hyatt Chennai but I still want to say thank you to them. My stay was full of pleasure, couldn't be better. Since it's a Park Hyatt hotel, I think I don't need to say much about how good the room is or how nice the staffs are. Just want point out several things that may be useful to help you making your decision.
1. They have free WiFi! I'm not kidding. I was in Chennai for a conference. I heard all the other attendees complaining about that they had to pay for the WiFi.
2. They will polish your shoes for free! It's such a good service since the road outside is dusty.
3. They have a terrific restaurant! The Flying Elephant is wonderful place for dinning. I had dinner there for 5 consecutive nights and tried almost every Indian cuisine, all were delicious. I'd like to give my special thanks to the young man Piyush (Watch here Manager~~~), who made perfect recommendations.
Oh, it's also incredibly cheap, if you book at the right time. Recommend for everyone!
I stayed here for one night to catch an early morning flight. Reportedly just 3 kms from the chennai airport.
Came from a late night flight from Mumbai and tried to check into the Hotel at 1:30am.
1. The check-in was extremely slow. Not sure why when there was no body at the counter.
2. Room looked clean and had decent amenities. The ONLY plus in the hotel so far.
3. Could not get a few hours of sleep because there was loud noises from upstairs and from the next room. The staff said there was construction work going on or the Room service staff were banging the door of the customer next door so he will wake up and take the delivery. At 2am??
4. woke up 20 mins late and with the sunday morning traffic missed my flight.
5. Breakfast was awful. I saw a variety of stuff on the buffet but the food was tasteless.
You can pick any place in Chennai and the food will definitely taste good....... so not sure where they hired their cooks.
Added to this, the Hotel staff called me on the phone when I was checking into a later flight - they asked if I had checked out of my room.
They said there was another person checking out of my room!!!!!!!! Definitely that was a scary thing to hear.
The hotel was clean, and decently maintained. Location wise it isnt ideal and tough to find unless you do the journey a few times.
Do not use the hotel taxi as they charge extortionate amounts. Just get a call taxi. They charged me 800 rupees for an airport pickup. On the way back, i got a call taxi which only cost me 180!
Also, they will charge different amounts for the same journey, one day they charged me 500 and the next day i was charged 700! Ridiculous. The staff were ok but they seemed to be a little complacent. Had to contact they a few times when ordering drinks to the room as the first time they forgot to send it. Also, on checkout they tried to charge me extra saying that i had only booked for one person when the booking clearly said 2. They just seemed to want to charge extra for anything.
Saying all this, its still cheap and does the job for a place to sleep and stay. Room was clean, facilities were ok. No other complaints.
In the southwestern part of Chennai, the Guindy neighborhood is one of the entry points into the capital city of Tamil Nadu state. Featuring quite a few important landmarks, it is home to Guindy National Park and Raj Bhavan, the official residence of the governor of Tamil Nadu. Kathipara Junction, the meeting point of three important roads, can also be found here.
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.