Search Hotels in Chania
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Chania, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafes and museums. Top sights in the city include Old Venetian Harbour, Chania Lighthouse and Old Venetian Harbor.
- There are 1107 hotels and other accommodation options in Chania
- The closest major airport is in Chania (CHQ-Ioannis Daskalogiannis), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chania
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Maritime Museum of Crete, Chania Archaeological Museum and Municipal Art Gallery of Chania. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Chania Lighthouse, Mosque of Kioutsouk Hassan, and Cathedral of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Nea Chora Beach, Golden Beach and Agia Marina Beach.
In Agia Marina, there are 1107 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Querini Luxury Suites - Located in Chania Town, this 3-star guesthouse features free WiFi and pillowtop beds. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Consolato Boutique - Our customers like the comfortable beds and walkable location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Chania Town can enjoy access to a coffee shop and concierge services, along with free WiFi.
- La Maison Ottomane - Guests who stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast in Chania Town can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room tablet. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favourite sights in Chania include Old Venetian Harbour, Old Venetian Harbor and Seitan Limania Beach. Outside the city, top places to visit include Platanias Beach, 6.6 mi/10.6 km from the heart of the city, and Samaria Gorge, which is 15.9 mi/25.6 km away.
Dressing for Chania
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chania is 21 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 9°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Chania?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chania, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Chania?
What's the best hotel for families in Chania?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday to Chania?
What's the best all-inclusive hotel in Chania?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Chania?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Chania?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Chania?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Chania?
What's the best hotel in Chania to absorb the local history?
Chania Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Chania by Star Rating
- Hotels near Chania Airports
- Areas of Chania
- Accommodation near Chania Attractions
- More accommodation types in Chania
- Choose Your Chania Hotel Style
- Search Chania Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Chania
- Hotels Near Chania, Crete
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends