Visitors can enjoy all that Cauterets has to offer including the ski areas, mountain views and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments and bars. Top sights around the area include Rosary Basilica, Notre-Dame de l'Immaculee-Conception and Gourette Ski Resort.
- There are 263 hotels and other accommodation options in Cauterets
- The closest major airport is in Lourdes (LDE-Tarbes - Lourdes - Pyrenees Intl.), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cauterets
The picturesque setting of Pyrenees National Park and Lac de Gaube exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pont d'Espagne and Cirque du Lys Gondola.
In Luz-Saint-Sauveur, there are 263 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Le Lion d'Or - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, a bar and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Restaurant Les Edelweiss - Our customers like the helpful staff and local sightseeing at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Asterides Sacca - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a health club, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Rosary Basilica, located 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Notre-Dame de l'Immaculee-Conception, which is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) away.
Dressing for Cauterets
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 25°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Cauterets gets about 665.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C