Visiting Carlisle Bay
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Carlisle Bay, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches, restaurants, and island views. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and relaxing, seaside city can discover its boating, bars, and sailing.
- There are 2 Carlisle Bay hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, while May tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in St. John's (ANU-V.C. Bird Intl.), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Carlisle Bay
- Exploring the waterfront, boating, and sailing are top activities, while sights to visit include Falmouth Harbour Marina, Carpenter's Rock Trailhead, and Hermitage Bay
- Notable landmarks include Nelson's Dockyard, Fort James, and Devil's Bridge
- The beach, island views, and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Carlisle Beach, Dickenson Bay Beach, and Rendezvous Bay
Carlisle Bay is adjacent to Cades Bay. Popular sights in the area include Doigs Beach and Mount Obama.
Getting around Carlisle Bay
There are plenty of options for getting around Carlisle Bay. You can explore your options for water transportation at the port.
Staying in Carlisle Bay
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Curtain Bluff Resort - All Inclusive, averaging GBP 800.38/night
- Carlisle Bay, averaging GBP 591.33/night
A 4.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Curtain Bluff Resort - All Inclusive with a 5 out of 5 user rating while Carlisle Bay has a 4.8 rating by guests.
Dressing for Carlisle Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 24°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 22°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Carlisle Bay is 1092 millimetres