Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Brisbane, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and riverfront. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include Queen Street Mall, Brisbane Botanic Gardens and South Bank Parklands.
- There are 964 hotels and other accommodation options in Brisbane
- The closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Brisbane
Cultural venues in the city include Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium, Queensland Performing Arts Centre and Tivoli. Families come for attractions such as South Bank Parklands, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary and Wheel of Brisbane. The city is notable for landmarks like King George Square, Story Bridge and Tangalooma Wrecks.
In Kangaroo Point, you can choose from 964 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Paperbark Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Chapel Woods Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Margate House Boutique Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Brisbane Waterfront features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to public transport.
Other favourite sights in Brisbane include Queen Street Mall, Brisbane Botanic Gardens and Roma Street Parkland.
Getting around Brisbane
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Brisbane is simple. Head over to Grandchester Station for metro transport. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Brisbane Central Station, Brisbane Roma Street Station or South Brisbane Station.
Dressing for Brisbane
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 17°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- About 1130 millimetres of rain falls on Brisbane each year
- December and February are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°C