Travellers to Bridgetown give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping and local tours. Top sights in the city include Barbados Parliament Buildings, Brownes Beach and Kensington Oval.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodation options in Bridgetown
- The closest major airport is in Bridgetown (BGI-Grantley Adams Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bridgetown
Cultural venues in the city include Barbados Museum & Historical Society, Mount Gay Rum and Frank Collymore Hall of the Performing Arts. The city is notable for landmarks like Bussa Emancipation Statue, George Washington House and St. Michael's Cathedral. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Brownes Beach, Carlisle Bay and Brighton Beach.
In Oistins, there are 59 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hilton Barbados Resort - This 4.5-star resort features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this resort. This 4-star resort features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Island Inn All Inclusive Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private patio. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Other favourite sights in Bridgetown include Barbados Parliament Buildings, Kensington Oval and U.S. Embassy. Outside the city, top places to visit include Dover Beach, located 3.4 mi (5.4 km) from the city centre, and Sandy Lane Beach, which is 5.4 mi (8.6 km) away.
Dressing for Bridgetown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 19°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 20°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Bridgetown gets about 1183 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually June and September with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 20°C