Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Boone, and visitors give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, ski areas and fun sporting events. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its university setting and shopping. Top sights in the city include Sugar Mountain Resort, Appalachian Ski Mtn. and Tweetsie Railroad.
- There are 1182 hotels and other accommodation options in Boone
- The closest major airport is in Abingdon, VA (VJI-Virginia Highlands), 37.6 mi (60.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 44.1 mi (71 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Boone
Cultural venues in the city include Blowing Rock Art and History Museum, Turchin Center for the Visual Arts and Hickory Ridge Living History Museum. Attractions like Tweetsie Railroad and Land of Oz are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like The Blowing Rock, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church and Wiseman's View.
In Blowing Rock, there are 1182 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Buffalo Tavern Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express West Jefferson - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- New River Inn and Cabins - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Boone include Sugar Mountain Resort, Appalachian Ski Mtn. and Hawksnest Tubing Park.
Dressing for Boone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -6°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Boone is 1337 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -5°C