Those travelling to Belley are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Around the area, top sights include Abbaye d'Hautecombe, Chateau de Chambery and Elephants Fountain.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodation options in Belley
- The closest major airport is in Chambery (CMF-Chambery - Savoie), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Belley
A favourite place to visit in the city is Office of Tourism Belley Bas-Bugey. In the area, you'll also find Abbaye d'Hautecombe and Chateau de Chambery.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 10 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Belley. Here's a top-rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sweet Home Hotel - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Elephants Fountain, 17.1 mi/27.6 km from the heart of the city, and Chartreuse National Park, which is 25.1 mi (40.4 km) away.
Dressing for Belley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -1°C at night
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Belley each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C