Visiting Bel Ombre
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Bel Ombre, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the beaches, sporting events and spas. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its restaurants and gardens. Top sights around the area include Rochester Falls, Chamarel Falls and Ganga Talao.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Bel Ombre
- The closest major airport is in Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.), 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bel Ombre
The city's beaches and gardens provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Saint Felix Public Beach. Golfing is a top activity, and Heritage Golf Club is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Rochester Falls and Chamarel Falls.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Bel Ombre. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort – All Inclusive - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this resort. This 5-star resort features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and a private beach.
- Tamassa Resort - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see around the area include Ganga Talao, 7.5 mi/12 km from the heart of the city, and Tamarind Falls, which is 11.2 mi (18 km) away.
Dressing for Bel Ombre
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 30°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 23°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 19°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Bel Ombre is 888.80 millimetres
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while September and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°C