Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 23 Apr 2019
Visitors to Avanos are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, monuments and museums. A top sight in the area is Uchisar Castle.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodation options in Avanos
- The closest major airport is in Nevsehir (NAV-Cappadocia), 22 mi (35.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kayseri (ASR-Erkilet Intl.), 32.5 mi (52.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Avanos
The city's cultural venues include The Hair Museum of Avanos and Zelve Open Air Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Ozkonak Underground City, Cavusin Church and Alaaddin Turkish Bath. The city's natural beauty is on display at Pasabag, Red Valley and Göreme National Park.
In Goreme, there are 62 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hikmet's House - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Jacob's Cave Suites - Our customers like the breakfast at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Miracle Cave Hotel - Special Class - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Uchisar Castle, 18.9 mi/30.4 km from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Avanos
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Avanos gets about 28 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C