Search Hotels in Urgup
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 20 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 15 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 5 Oct 2020
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Urgup, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the area is Uchisar Castle.
- There are 191 hotels and other accommodation options in Urgup
- The closest major airport is in Nevsehir (NAV-Cappadocia), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kayseri (ASR-Erkilet Intl.), 31.9 mi (51.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Urgup
Cultural venues in the city include Cappadocia Art and History Museum, Urgup Museum and Saruhan Exhibition and Culture Center. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Temenni Wishing Well, Aynali Church, and Aios Vasilios Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sunset Point, Göreme National Park and Gomeda Valley.
In Goreme, you'll find 191 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Esbelli Evi Cave Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its spacious and clean rooms.
- Asyada Suites Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- The Cove Cappadocia - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its proximity to shopping and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Uchisar Castle, 5.9 mi/9.5 km from the heart of the city, and Derinkuyu Underground City, which is 20.3 mi/32.7 km away.
Dressing for Urgup
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- Urgup gets about 28 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C