Visitors to Auray are sure to enjoy the port and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens, coffee shops and bars. Top sights around the area include Le Chorus Exhibition Centre, Vannes Aquarium and Musee de La Cohue.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Auray
- The closest major airport is in Lorient (LRT-Lorient - South Brittany), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Auray
Exploring the port is a top activity, and Saint-Goustan port is one place to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Le Chorus Exhibition Centre and Vannes Aquarium.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Auray. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Kyriad Auray - Carnac - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Brit Hôtel Le Branhoc - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a nightclub.
- Best Western Auray Le Loch - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Musee de La Cohue, located 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Carnac Beach, which is 7.6 mi/12.3 km away.
Getting around Auray
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Auray Station. Auray might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Auray
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 28 millimetres of rain falls on Auray each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C