Search Hotels in Ankara
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 25 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 28 Sep 2017
Where to stay in Ankara
Ankara City Center
4.5/5Wonderful!(15 area reviews)
Well liked for its museums and monuments, Ankara City Center is worth a visit. Check out the variety of things to see and do like Kizilay Square and Anitkabir, and jump on the metro at Tandoğan Metro to get around the city.
4/5Very Good!(5 area reviews)
Unique features of Ulus include the museums and historical sites. Make a stop by Haci Bayram Mosque or Museum of Anatolian Civilizations while you're exploring the area.
Unique features of Altındağ include the historical sites and museums. Make a stop by Ankara Castle or Ankara Citadel while you're exploring the area.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Ankara, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums. This city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights in the city include Column of Julian, Haci Bayram Mosque and Museum of Anatolian Civilizations.
- There are 282 hotels and other accommodation options in Ankara
- The closest major airport is in Ankara (ESB-Esenboga), 14 mi (22.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Ankara
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, Ethnographic Museum and CerModern. Attractions like Aqua Vega and Ataturk Forest Farm and Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Column of Julian, Haci Bayram Mosque, and Ankara Citadel.
In Cankaya, you'll find 282 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Ankara Atli Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hm Commerce Hotel - With a stay at this hotel in Yenimahalle, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Point Hotel Ankara - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Getting around Ankara
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Ankara is simple. Make your way to Tandoğan Metro for metro transport. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Ankara Station.
Dressing for Ankara
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- About 797 millimetres of rain falls on Ankara each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Ankara?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Ankara, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Ankara?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday in Ankara?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic holiday in Ankara?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Ankara?
What's the best high-end hotel in Ankara?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Ankara?
What's the best hotel in Ankara to be near historical sites?
Ankara Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Ankara by Star Rating
- Hotels near Ankara Airports
- Areas of Ankara
- Accommodation near Ankara Attractions
- More accommodation types in Ankara
- Choose Your Ankara Hotel Style
- Search Ankara Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Ankara
- Hotels Near Ankara, Ankara
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends