Visitors can enjoy all that Ancaster has to offer including the coffee shops, waterfalls and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping. Top sights around the area include FirstOntario Centre, Royal Botanical Gardens and African Lion Safari.
- There are 108 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), 26.6 mi (42.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ancaster
The city's cultural venues include Fieldcote Memorial Park & Museum and Creations Art Gallery. Additionally, in the area you'll find FirstOntario Centre and Royal Botanical Gardens.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- The Barracks Inn - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Hamilton Convention Centre, located 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the heart of the city, and African Lion Safari, which is 13.7 mi (22 km) away.
Dressing for Ancaster
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -8°C at night
- Ancaster gets about 666.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -9°C