Visitors will appreciate the beaches, restaurants, and island views in Kefalonia. Welcoming and relaxing, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its bars, seafood, and cocktail bars.
- There are 6 Kefalonia hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while September tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Argostolion (EFL-Kefalonia Island Intl.), 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Kefalonia
- Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Port of Ithaki, Port of Argostoli, and Lixouri Ferry Terminal are favourite sights to visit
- The beach, seaside, and island views provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Melissani Lake, Myrtos Beach, and Antisamos Beach
Kefalonia is adjacent to Makriotika. Top sights in the area include Filiatro Beach and Fanari Beach.
Getting around Kefalonia
Kefalonia has plenty of options for transportation. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Kefalonia
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Greka Ionian Suites and Villa, averaging GBP 80.62/night
- Ballas Apartments, averaging GBP 44.46/night
Greka Ionian Suites and Villa, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.9 out of 5 user rating. Also Ballas Apartments has a 4.7 rating by guests.
Dressing for Kefalonia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the nighttime average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July through September averages 30°C during the day and 16°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Kefalonia each year