Visitors can enjoy all that Ithaki has to offer including the waterfront, gardens and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Around the area, top sights include Myrtos Beach, Antisamos Beach and Porto Katsiki Beach.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Ithaki
- The closest major airport is in Argostolion (EFL-Kefalonia Island Intl.), 22.4 mi (36 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Preveza (PVK-Aktion National), 36.7 mi (59 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ithaki
The picturesque setting of Filiatro Beach and Aphales Beach exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port of Ithaki and Archaeological Museum of Ithaca.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Ithaki. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Hotel Nostos is located 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Ithaki can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Perantzada...1811 is 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Ithaki can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Korina Gallery Hotel is located within 2.9 mi (4.6 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Ithaki can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to see around the area include Myrtos Beach, 10 mi/16.1 km from the heart of the city, and Antisamos Beach, which is 9.9 mi/16 km away.
Dressing for Ithaki
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Ithaki is 25 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C