Search Hotels in Kefalonia
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Pocket Guide: Kefalonia
Visiting Kefalonia Island
Kefalonia Island's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the beaches, island and excursions. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, cosy and seaside city has to offer, including its archaeology, cocktail bars and seafood.
- There are 163 Kefalonia Island hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Argostolion (EFL-Kefalonia Island Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Kefalonia Island
- Top activities include a port and taking an excursion, whereas Port of Argostoli, Eglina Beach, and Svoronata Marina are great sights to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include Historical and Folklore Museum of Corgialenos, Museum of Natural History, and Byzantine Ecclesiastical Museum
- Notable for its archaeology sites and landmarks, such as St George's Castle and Saint Theodoron Lighthouse
- The beaches, island and the sea provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Trapezaki Beach, Lourdas Beach, and Makris Gialos
Getting around Kefalonia Island
Kefalonia Island has many options for getting around. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Kefalonia IslandIn Kefalonia you'll find 221 hotels and other accommodations making it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate:
- 49 hotels, ranging from GBP 29/night to GBP 229/night
- 28 aparthotels, ranging from GBP 27/night to GBP 220/night
- 60 apartments, ranging from GBP 34/night to GBP 161/night
- 6 guesthouses, ranging from GBP 30/night to GBP 52/night
- 16 villas, ranging from GBP 143/night to GBP 192/night
- Apollonion Resort & Spa
- Cephalonia Palace
- Avithos Resort Apartments Hotel
A favourite with Expedia travellers is NikoStudios with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Avithos Resort Apartments Hotel and Apollonion Resort & Spa are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Kefalonia Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Kefalonia Island each year
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Kefalonia?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kefalonia, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Kefalonia?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Kefalonia?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Kefalonia?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Kefalonia?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Kefalonia?
What's the best luxury hotel in Kefalonia?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Kefalonia?
Kefalonia Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Kefalonia by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kefalonia Airports
- Areas of Kefalonia
- Accommodation near Kefalonia Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kefalonia
- Choose Your Kefalonia Hotel Style
- Search Kefalonia Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kefalonia
- Hotels Near Kefalonia, Ionian Islands
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends