Visiting Aachen (and vicinity)
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Aachen (and vicinity), though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, shopping and cafes. Welcoming and walkable, this city will also delight visitors with its spas, a cathedral and bars.
- There are 37 Aachen (and vicinity) hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Bonn (QBB-Bonn Bus Station), 30.6 mi (49.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Aachen (and vicinity)
- Popular cultural attractions include Leopold Hoesch Museum, Suermondt Ludwig Museum, and Ludwig Forum
- Its historic sites and a cathedral are notable, and landmarks include Burgau Castle, Stolberg Castle, and Stolberger Burg
- Shopping is first class in the area, and Aachen Christmas Market is a favourite spot for retail therapy
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at New Tivoli Stadium, Aachen, Germany, Aachener Soers Equitation Stadium or CHIO Stadium
Getting around Aachen (and vicinity)
There are plenty of options for getting around Aachen (and vicinity). If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Stolberg-Altstadt Station, Stolberg-Rathaus Station or Dueren Station.
Staying in Aachen (and vicinity)
With 45 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Aachen, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 33 hotels ranging from GBP 42 to GBP 147 per night.
Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for trips with the family or other getaways:
- Novotel Aachen City
- Mercure Hotel Aachen Europaplatz
You might like one of these highly rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Best Western Hotel De Ville
- Art Hotel Aachen Superior
Best Western Hotel De Ville, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.5 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Novotel Aachen City and Art Hotel Aachen Superior.
Dressing for Aachen (and vicinity)
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Aachen (and vicinity) gets about 39 millimetres of rain per year