Visitors can enjoy all that Xanten has to offer including its museums. In Xanten, there are 16 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Weeze (NRN), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the city centre. The next closest is in Duesseldorf (DUS-Duesseldorf Intl.), 31 mi (49.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Xanten
The city is notable for landmarks like Xanten Cathedral, Archaelogical Park and Xanten Market Square. Additionally, you might want to add Roman Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Xanten. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Hotel Van Bebber is located 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Xanten can enjoy access to free parking and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and location.
- Gästehaus Am See is located in the heart of Xanten. This 3-star guesthouse in Xanten features free WiFi and free parking.
- Hotel an de Marspoort is located within 1.4 mi (2.3 km) of the city centre. With a stay at this bed & breakfast in Xanten, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a marina, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Getting around Xanten
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Xanten Station. Xanten may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Xanten
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Xanten gets about 808.90 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C