Visitors to Wesel are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, bars and monuments. Top sights around the area include Movie Park Germany, CentrO and Konig Pilsener Arena.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Wesel
- The closest major airport is in Weeze (NRN), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Duesseldorf (DUS-Duesseldorf Intl.), 28.3 mi (45.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wesel
Notable city landmarks like Willibrordi Cathedral and Wesel Citadel might be worth a visit. In the area, you'll also find Movie Park Germany and CentrO.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Wesel. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Waldhotel Tannenhäuschen - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Düsseldorf Government Region can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Welcome Hotel Wesel - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Düsseldorf Government Region can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Hotel Haus Duden - This 4-star hotel in Düsseldorf Government Region features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Top places to see outside the city include Konig Pilsener Arena, located 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Sea Life Oberhausen, which is 17.7 mi/28.5 km away.
Getting around Wesel
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wesel Feldmark Station, Wesel Station or Wesel Blumenkamp Station. Wesel may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Wesel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Wesel is 829 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C