Search Hotels in Oberhausen
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
a-domo Apartments Oberhausen - Modern Lofts & Apartments - short or longterm - single or grouptravel
a-domo Apartments Oberhausen - Studio Apartments & Flats - short or longterm - single or grouptravel
Reviewed on 23 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 31 Jul 2020
Visitors to Oberhausen are sure to enjoy the shopping and theatres. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theme park, art and seaside. Top sights in the city include CentrO, Konig Pilsener Arena and Sea Life Oberhausen.
- You'll find 323 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Essen
- The closest major airport is in Duesseldorf (DUS-Duesseldorf Intl.), 13.5 mi (21.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Dortmund (DTM), 32.8 mi (52.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oberhausen
The city is well known for its theatres and opera, and cultural venues include Gasometer, Metronom Theater and Theater Oberhausen. Attractions like Sea Life Oberhausen, AQUApark Oberhausen and Kaisergarten Park and Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and CentrO is a favourite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Oberhausen. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Oberhausen - This 3.5-star hotel in Düsseldorf Government Region features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Parkhotel Oberhausen - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel in Düsseldorf Government Region features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and free parking.
- Super8 by Wyndham Oberhausen - This 3-star hotel in Düsseldorf Government Region features free WiFi, a coffee shop and concierge services. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other top sights in Oberhausen include Konig Pilsener Arena. Popular places to see around the area include Messe Essen, 6.6 mi/10.7 km from the city centre, and Veltins-Arena, which is 10.7 mi/17.2 km away.
Getting around Oberhausen
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Oberhausen Central Station, Duisburg-Obermeiderich Station or Oberhausen Osterfeld Süd Station. Oberhausen might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Oberhausen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Oberhausen is 874 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Oberhausen?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Oberhausen, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for families in Oberhausen?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Oberhausen?
Oberhausen Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Oberhausen by Star Rating
- Hotels near Oberhausen Airports
- Areas of Oberhausen
- Accommodation near Oberhausen Attractions
- More accommodation types in Oberhausen
- Choose Your Oberhausen Hotel Style
- Search Oberhausen Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Oberhausen
- Hotels Near Oberhausen, Essen
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends