Visiting Wrightsville Beach
Travellers to Wrightsville Beach give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting. Top sights around the area include Wrightsville Beach, Mayfaire Town Center and Carolina Beach.
- You'll find 381 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Wilmington, NC (ILM-Wilmington Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Wrightsville Beach
The city's beaches and sunrises provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Wrightsville Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Johnnie Mercer's Pier and Wrightsville Beach Museum of History.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 44 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Wrightsville Beach. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Sandpeddler Inn & Suites - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in South End can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Resort Wrightsville Beach - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this resort. This 3-star resort in Parmele Isle features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool.
- Silver Gull Motel - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Mayfaire Town Center, 3.2 mi/5.2 km from the heart of the city, and Wilmington Convention Center, which is 9.1 mi/14.7 km away.
Dressing for Wrightsville Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- About 1469 millimetres of rain falls on Wrightsville Beach each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 1°C