Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Wilmington, which is also known for its skiing. Tourists can also enjoy the city's its breweries, mountain views and festivals. Around the area, top sights include Mount Snow, Stratton Mountain Resort and Mass MoCA.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Springfield, VT (VSF-Hartness State), 37.2 mi (59.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 48.3 mi (77.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wilmington
Cultural venues in the city include Adams Family Farm, Jim McGrath Gallery and Studio and The Art of Humor Gallery. The picturesque setting of Lake Raponda and Molly Stark State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. Skiing is a top activity, and The Hermitage Golf Club is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 35 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Wilmington. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Wilmington Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- The Nutmeg - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- White House Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Popular places to see in the area include Mount Snow, located 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Stratton Mountain Resort, which is 17.1 mi (27.5 km) away.
Dressing for Wilmington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -13°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 20°C as the daytime average and -11°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Wilmington is 1107 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -11°C