Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Manchester, which is also known for its mountain views and spas. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and skiing. Stratton Mountain Resort, Mount Snow and Bromley Mountain Ski Resort are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 155 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Bennington
- The closest major airport is in Rutland, VT (RUT-Rutland Southern Vermont Regional), 26.1 mi (41.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glens Falls, NY (GFL-Floyd Bennett Memorial), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Manchester
The city's cultural venues include American Museum of Fly Fishing and Southern Vermont Arts Center. The city's mountains and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Equinox Preservation Trust. Additionally, you might want to add Orvis Fly Fishing to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Manchester. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Reluctant Panther Inn and Restaurant - With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Manchester - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Wilburton Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Stratton Mountain Resort, 9.1 mi/14.6 km from the city centre, and Mount Snow, which is 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away.
Dressing for Manchester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be -12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -10°C at night
- Manchester gets about 1035 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -10°C