Visiting Manchester Center
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Manchester Center, which is also known for its shopping and skiing. This city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. Top sights around the area include Stratton Mountain Resort, Mount Snow and Bromley Mountain Ski Resort.
- You'll find 157 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Bennington
- The closest major airport is in Rutland, VT (RUT-Rutland Southern Vermont Regional), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Springfield, VT (VSF-Hartness State), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Manchester Center
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and such places to visit as Dana L. Thompson Memorial Park and Lye Brook Falls. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Manchester Designer Outlets is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hildene and Gander Gallery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Manchester Center. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Silver Service Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with satellite TV. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Inn at Ormsby Hill - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Aspen At Manchester - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
Top places to see outside the city include Stratton Mountain Resort, 8.3 mi/13.3 km from the city centre, and Mount Snow, which is 16 mi (25.7 km) away.
Dressing for Manchester Center
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -12°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and -10°C as the night-time average
- About 1035 millimetres of rain falls on Manchester Center each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -10°C